Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Tracie's Pull List - Week of May 18, 2011

THOR's the number one movie in the box office two weeks in a row! Suck on THAT, Kate Hudson!

Also there are new comics out this week.

I'm buying, y'know, a few.



Amazing Spider-Man #661

Dang, those Avengers Academy kids are everywhere these days. It's like someone wants me to read their book or something. Guest-written by Academy writer Chris Gage himself! And with a delightful Ed McGuinness cover to boot.

Astonishing X-Men #38

I know we all want Kitty back to her regular old self again (we do, right?) but darn if I don't like her little astronaut suit she's stuck in. Also: I know Juan Bobillo's art isn't, maybe, for everyone, but I was a big fan of his work on Dan Slott's She-Hulk comics and he's back to add a little European flair to this X-Men Vs. Brood affair.

Avengers #13

CHRIS BACHELO ART!!! (oh, and it's a Fear Itself tie-in thingy)

Batman And Robin #23

Judd Winick returns to writing The Red Hood, although he's a little less biker guy lookin' these days.

Generation Hope #7

It's that critically acclaimed X-book that isn't named after a Rob Liefeld comic! I wanted to make a joke about the villain of this arc but I don't know if that's still considered spoiler territory.

Invincible Iron Man #504

Tony's done being humiliated by Doctor Octopus and is now on his way to be Fear Itself'd by one of the more mustachioed members of The Worthy.

Power Girl #24

WINICK & BASRI & POWER GIRL & BATMAN

Supergirl #64

The brutal conclusion of what I prefer to call "Supergirl Vs. Foursquare." Who will become the mayor of kicking Kara's ass? OR WILL SHE OUST THEM ALL?? +5

T.H.U.N.D.E.R. Agents #7

Oh, T.H.U.N.D.E.R. Agents, you are the best DC book that seems to have nothing to do with the DC Universe. And I am okay with that. I love you just the way you are. Yes I do. Thanks for keeping me guessing.

Teen Titans #95

Nicola Scott draws the heck out of these Titans but gosh did this book lose something after Damien got booted off the team. Smooth move.

Thunderbolts #157

Thunderbolts, you are Marvel's less-creepy Secret Six, and I love you. You are a comic book that enjoys being a comic book.

Tiny Titans #40

Guilty pleasure brings out the child in me. The child in me also comes out when I eat.

Ultimate Avengers Vs New Ultimates #4 (OF 6)

Samuel L. Jackson and his jerk friends are causing trouble but the thing I'm really concerned with is--

Ultimate Comics Spider-Man #158

WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO, BRIAN? WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO TO ME? At least I know I have more Sara Pichelli comics to look forward to after this.

Uncanny X-Force #10

It's that critically acclaimed X-book that is named after a Rob Liefeld comic! The Esad Ribic cover super creeps me out. And hey, it's another in that initiative I like where Marvel reprints a comic it thinks you should enjoy, inside of a comic you already enjoy, for the same price you were paying anyway! This time it comes packaged with Iron Man 2.0 #3 which is an odd selection, but my understanding is that #3 was the actual debut of the new armor for Rhodey, right? I'm not sure. Regardless, Iron Man 2.0 is definitely a book I was in the Wait For Trade department on. Nick Spencer's been flooring me right and left so this little preview should straight-up validate my impending trade purchase.

X-Factor #219

X-Factor and Black Cat continue to punch chicks who are mean and Strong Guy is having strange times.

X-Men Prelude To Schism #2 (OF 4)

The first issue was a rather excellent examination of the Charles Xavier/Scott Summers relationship. I have NO IDEA what this impending doom they kept speaking of was, but I suppose we're not meant to. Still, a strange sort of "bottle episode" thing going on where the reader doesn't know what's happening outside of the bottle. But that's why it's a "prelude" I suppose. The actual character dissection was excellent, though. And if the cover is any indication, this issue will focus on Magneto and his perspective on this whole mutant leadership thing.

Zatanna #13

I miss the slicker styles of the artists preceeding Jamal Igle on the title, but darn if Paul Dini wasn't born to write Zatanna. (and darn if Adam Hughes wasn't born to do Zatanna covers)

http://www.ifanboy.com/users/Maukingbird/comics

No comments:

Post a Comment