Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Tracie's Pull List - Week of August 31, 2011

Well, this is it.

Tomorrow's the big day!

A lot of places around the country are throwing special midnight openings tonight. I'm tempted. I'll probably be up anyway, but I'll likely be at home putting the finishing touches on the return to my webcomic, FIGHT!, after a long hiatus.

You can bet I'll be dying to get to my shop tomorrow to jump into the new DC Universe.

Here's what else, I'll be picking up:



AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #668

Spider-Island part two! The diner near my house has a breakfast item called The Island and the next time I order it, I'm going to draw a spider on it with ketchup and be oh so pleased with myself. BEING A NERD IS GREAT, YOU GUYS.

ANGEL & FAITH #1

Angel's back under the same publishing house as Buffy and he gets to team up with Faith for a new series written by Christos (Avengers Academy) Gage and drawn by Rebekah (DV8) Issacs! Rejoice, Whedonites!

FLASHPOINT #5 (OF 5)

It's the conclusion of Flashpoint AND EVERYTHING YOU HOLD DEAR. Unless you hold Batman and Green Lantern dear. Then you're okay. Actually, you're probably okay regardless. Relax.

JOURNEY INTO MYSTERY #626.1

It's the return of the Point One initiative and you get a chance to hop on the Teen Loki bandwagon. It's a pretty fun bandwagon. And this Special Jumping-On Point is written by Robert Rodi, of that popular Thor & Loki: Blood Brothers mini-series/motion comic, and is drawn by one of my favorites, Pasqual Ferry.

JUSTICE LEAGUE #1

This is it, you guys! This is where the DCnU starts. After all our speculation and apprehension, The New 52 rolls out here as the Justice League meets for the first time! A guy named Geoff writes it and a guy named Jim draws it. And it supposedly has cracked 200,000 copies in pre-orders and will be available with a special edition that gets you a digital copy along with your printed one. IT'S THE FUTURE! (or the past, if you look at how DVD's/blu-rays are packaged)

MIGHTY THOR #5

Fraction! Coipel! Thor! Silver Surfer! Galactus! Volstagg! Oklahomans!

SECRET AVENGERS #16

Introducing new writer Warren Ellis, alongside beloved artist Jaime McKelvie! Secret Avengers was kind of sagging during Brubaker's run but I liked some of the political pep and wild ideas Nick Spencer threw in and Warren Ellis has kind of made a career of reinvigorating comics with new ideas and a smart edge.

SONIC THE HEDGEHOG #228

My trip through Nostalgia Zone continues.

ULTIMATE COMICS HAWKEYE #1 (OF 4)

Johnathan Hickman sends Hawkeye on a world-building mission in the relaunched Ultimate Universe.

UNCANNY X-FORCE #14

OH #### IS THAT HOLOCAUST???

No comments:

Post a Comment