Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Nerdgasm: Filmvengers Filmsemble



Chills. Tingles. Hot flashes. Sweaty palms. A little drool in the corner of the mouth.

The Avengers started filming yesterday under writer/directer Joss Whedon and Blog@Newsarama just shared this set photo from Entertainment Weekly and I'm going to have to go find somewhere to collect myself.

Yes, it's just chairs. I see that. But... but it's chairs SIGNIFYING that this is a REAL FOR-REAL THING THAT IS REAL AND HAPPENING AND REAL. They are making a movie right now where Thor, Captain America, Iron Man, and The Hulk are going to team up and fight dudes or monsters or each other or each other and THEN dudes and monsters. And Hawkeye, Black Widow, Maria Hill, and Nick Fury will be there and they're all going to be in the same room together high-fiving each other. (maybe not high-fiving on screen... but in my head, they definitely are)

I don't now if they make buckets big enough to contain my drool as the Thor film is just a scant 9 days away from opening with Captain America following just two months after that. Then all the pieces will be in place, The Avengers will be starting it's 3rd month of shooting and I will have been moved to a padded cell somewhere to protect myself and others until Lord Whedon presents this monumental film to the world.

--And I don't think I'm overselling it when I say "monumental" because regardless of how the film turns out, it is still a movie where Thor, Captain America, Iron Man, and The Hulk hang out and do/hit things.

I'm going to go breathe into a paper bag for a little while.

No comments:

Post a Comment