Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Tracie's Pull List - Week of February 8, 2011



So, what'd you guys think of the Super Bo--AAAAAATHEAVENGERSTRAILERAAAAAA!!!!

Actually, the extended trailer that hit online afterwords was so much more satisfying than the one that aired during the game.

Or maybe it's just because I was able to watch it without a room full of people talking.

And by people, I mean DEAR FRIENDS who I was very grateful to have been in the company of.

Also, that new Amazing Spider-Man trailer? Preeeeetty nice.

Now how long before we get a look at Man of Steel, huh?

Anyway. Comics. I sure do think about them a lot.

And so does my wallet.

Let's, my wallet and I, have another conversation about comics.


BATGIRL #6

Batgirl continues to hang by a thread by remaining juuuuuust interesting enough to keep me coming back. It just continues to be a question of how long that'll last, this loyalty to Gail Simone and curiosity regarding this new Barbara Gordon.

BATMAN AND ROBIN #6

Meanwhile, regarding Batman and Robin, I am so beyond sold. Love the art, love the story, love the pairing of this very unusual father and son and they way the villain is manipulating the tenuous relationship they have.

BATWOMAN #6

Another of the just plain amazing books being put out today and we FINALLY get to Amy Reeder's first arc on the book. Been waiting for her debut since about November 2010.

BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER: SEASON 9 #6

New cover artist Phil Noto! Yaaaaay! (also I really like the Buffyverse comics)

CAPTAIN AMERICA #8

Wasn't expecting to enjoy the post-McNiven arc as much as I do but I'm really interested in what's going on with Steve's powers, here.

FRANKENSTEIN, AGENT OF S.H.A.D.E. #6

I LIKE Frankenstein but I don't know if I LOVE it... and that's something I'm wrestling with a little bit as I try to think harder about what I'm reading and why I'm reading it. Because, let's face it, I buy a lot of comics. Frankenstein is a really good book but I'm trying to decide whether I reeeally like it and if I actually look forward to the next issue or if I just buy it out of habit or loyalty to Jeff Lemire... though, honestly, if the art was a little stronger, I'd probably be a lot happier with it. It's fine art, but I just think it's missing something to really sell the script.

GREEN LANTERN #6

Still talking about art, Doug Mahnke is nowhere to be seen this issue, as we get guest art by Mike Choi, who I'm not a big fan of, but I think it's just for an issue.

JOURNEY INTO MYSTERY #634

Ahhhhh, no question of whether or not I love Journey Into Mystery. So much love.

MEGA MAN #10

Mega Man makes me so inexplicably happy. Such strong work by all involved.

NEW MUTANTS #37

New Mutants is on the bubble with me. I like it well enough, but again the question of love comes to play. It's a fine comic. Fine writing, fine art, fine characters. But I'm not especially excited to find out what happens next. This may have to pass the scrutiny of The Flip Test or slip from my pull list.

POWERS #8

HOLY CATS, there's a new issue of Powers, this week? Do I even want to look to see when the last issue came out? Such a shame that this series has suffered so badly from scheduling all these years. It's always great when you actually sit down to read them.

SECRET AVENGERS #22

The Point One issue with Zircher was a fun time but this is where things REALLY get started. Regular artist Gabriel Hardman joins the fantastic Rick Remender for a quirky little team consisting of Hawkeye, Captain Britain, Beast, Valkyrie, Giant Man AND Ant-Man, (black ops) Venom, and Black Widow. Super excited!

SUPERBOY #6

Superboy meets SuperGIRL! R.B. Silva is so good.

THE INCREDIBLE HULK #5

Another book by a creator I love but I just don't know how I feel about it. This issue may be the decider for me.

WOLVERINE AND THE X-MEN #5

THIS Jason Aaron book, on the other hand, I love SO, SO, SO much. Ugh. So good, you guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment