Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Tracie's Pull List - Week of February 29, 2012



There is a new Avengers trailer on the internet RIGHT NOW and I'm not at a computer where I can watch it--which is really par for the course, as far as this week is going for me.

But let's not let that keep us down completely.

It's Superman's Birthday, after all!

The Justice League: Doom animated film was a really excellent little story with a very lovely tribute to witer Dwayne McDuffie. That film hit some emotional beats with Green Lantern that really surpised me (kudos to Nathan Fillion), and just some phenominal Superman and Flash scenes. There could really stand to be a Flash animated film. I know they feel they can't sell anything that doesn't say Superman, Batman, or Justice League (or, apparently Green Lantern, though if they still feel that way, I'm not sure) but come on. They could at least do some sort of Green Lantern/Flash team-up movie, playing off their friendship in the old Brave and the Bold comics. Though I'd like Flash to be a big enough selling point that they could do, like, a Terminal Velocity movie or something. Go back and mine the Mark Waid run for animated films. (or just give me an Impulse movie in the style of Humberto Ramos)

But these things will never happen.

What will happen are these comics arriving today:



ANGEL & FAITH #7

I keep saying it but this comic is a good comic. I would enjoy this comic even if I wasn't a huge Whedonite and fan of the show. I think jumping in fresh, you could still get a lot out of this book. Great characterization, cool action, slick art. It's good comics.

FF #15

POWER PACK, YOU GUYS. POWER PACK. That is all you need to know.

JUSTICE LEAGUE #6

The newly formed Justice League versus Darkseid! The conclusion of this opening "5 years ago" storyline, I think. Do we get the new SHAZAM back-up in this issue or next? I forget. (I want Shazam to be good)

MOON KNIGHT #10

I hope when Bendis leaves the Avengers books, he does more random stuff like this. Or at least brings back Spider-Woman or The Pulse.

T.H.U.N.D.E.R. AGENTS VOL 2 #4 (OF 6)

I love Nick Spencer. That is all.

THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #680

That dumb ol' John Jameson, always needing to be rescued by Spider-Man in space. Where are his space wolf god powers to protect him?

THE AVENGERS #23

Half the Avengers are battling HAMMER...

THE NEW AVENGERS #22

...the other half are battling the Dark Avengers. All-in-all, Norman Osborn is back to being a huge pain in their assemblage.

TINY TITANS #49

It's the... um... Squishy Titans!

ULTIMATE COMICS THE ULTIMATES #7

Hickman! It's... It's basically the movie Avengers, plus Falcon. (they should toooootally have Falcon)

ULTIMATE COMICS X-MEN #8

The characters of Ultimate X return! Nick Spencer!

Alright, I'm done. Hopefully I can blow through these and get back to reading my Jason Aaron Ghost Rider Omnibus before next week's books come around...

No comments:

Post a Comment