Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Tracie's Pull List - Week of January 4, 2012



It's the first New Comics Day of the year and I have contracted some sort of Y2K12 stomach bug. Here are the comics I'll be buying tomorrow, if I don't suddenly die:



ACTION COMICS #5

It's 2012 and Grant Morrison & Andy Kubert are here to give us all new origin of Superman! Just what we needed, maybe. I dunno. Action Comics has been pretty great so I don't really care what it is that they do.

ANIMAL MAN #5

Jeff Lemire Week 2012 Part 1.

AVENGERS: X-SANCTION #2 (OF 4)

Ed McGuinness, I will buy anything you draw. Even if I don't totally "get" it.

FEAR ITSELF: THE FEARLESS #6 (OF 12)

Valkyrie, kicking ass and taking hammers.

IRREDEEMABLE #33

Part 3 of the Irredeemable/Incorruptable crossover. Both books you should be reading.

STATIC SHOCK #5

Oh Static, I still like you. But I hope that the impending new writer brings in more readers and elevates this series.

SWAMP THING #5

I'm worried that the creepy decaying meat kid has gotten to me in real-life. *Urrp*

SWEET TOOTH #29

Jeff Lemire Week 2012 Part 2. New storyline! Good jumping-on point! Great book!

THE AVENGERS ANNUAL #1

And finally we get the conclusion of the Wonder Man/Revengers storyline.

THE DEFENDERS #2

Really dug the first issue. I'm onboard with this wacky team.

THE PUNISHER #7

What could make me love Greg Rucka's Punisher more? Oh, how about reteaming him with his Gotham Central artist Michael Lark and throw in a Daredevil guest-appearance. Yes, that'll do quite nicely.

THUNDERBOLTS #168

Hey, remember Luke Cage and the Thunderbolts who are still active in present times? Let's check in with them, shall we?

UNCANNY X-FORCE #19.1

Special point-one jumping on point, wherein we get the story that will spin off into David Lapham's upcomnig Age of Apocalypse ongoing series. So, good for new X-Force readers and readers looking to hitch a ride on AoA.

UNCANNY X-MEN #4

A one-shot drawn by Brandon Peterson and featuring The Phalanx. Are you excited, 90's Tracie?

See you next week.

2 comments:

  1. Hope you're feeling better... I have Superman Tarzan Trade paper back topics to discuss! Get well lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In today's life clubbing industry has been here for several decades, but the logistics and nightclub guest list management is still in many cases very “old school” and paper based. Zeguestlist a great tool that optimizes guest list management With an easy one touch check.

    ReplyDelete