Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Tracie's Pull List - Week of January 11, 2012



Did everyone have themselves a safe and happy New Years? I sure did! Until I wound up in the Emergency Room last weekend with actue renal failure. I suspect it was some time-delayed attack by the villanous 2011 in an attempt to frame 2012 for my demise but you don't get away with it that easily, 2011!!

I YET LIVE and as long as I do so, I will probably continue to write these blog posts, highlighting my comic picks for the week. Let's get at those, shall we?



BATGIRL #5

You're still hanging in there, Batgirl, and for that I commend you.

BATMAN AND ROBIN #5

Between this and the equally excellent BATMAN, B&R is the one that has Robb and I tittering like tweens. Something about the perfect chemestry between writer Pete Tomasi and artist Patrick Gleason, makes the awkward chemistry between Batman and his psychotic lab-grown son that much more enjoyable. Plus, who doesn't like that age old light/dark, good/evil battle for the soul of the young pupil. JOIN MEEEEE...

BATWOMAN #5

IT BELONGS IN A MUSEUM.

BRILLIANT #2

Oh hey! Brilliant is still a thing. First issue had a pretty good hook to it but then it disappeared. How long until #3? Also, where's Powers and Scarlet? Does wrapping up Avengers, this year, mean we get more of these? Because that's fine.

BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER: SEASON 9 #5

Still being a pretty great Buffy comic.

CAPTAIN AMERICA #7

Gosh, you put Alan Davis on the book and suddenly these issues are just cranking out right and left.

FRANKENSTEIN, AGENT OF S.H.A.D.E. #5

I don't read OMAC so I hope that this crossover issue isn't totally alienating or I will be pretty miffed, Mr. New 52.

GREEN LANTERN #5

Sinestro > Hal Jordan.

JOURNEY INTO MYSTERY #633

Oh my precious Kid Loki.

MEGA MAN REG CVR #9

I DEMAND PROTOMAN!

SECRET AVENGERS #21

The conclusion to Warren Ellis' really wonderful series of what serves as a reminder that you can do stand-alone/done-in-one stories while still having an overarching plot. Plus, seeing Ellis play with all these top artists has been a treat and there's been some real fun, experimental stuff here. This issue reunites Ellis with his Nextwave collaborator Stuart Immonen and it will be very sad to see this end but Remender and Hardman are a great team to pick things up.

SUPERBOY #5

Is Superboy fighting the Teen Titans yet?

THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #677

Part 1 of the Spider-Man/Daredevil/Black Cat crossover by Mark Waid! Art by the super talented Emma Rios!

THE INCREDIBLE HULK #4

Still not entirely sure if this is for me but it's enjoyable.

THE NEW AVENGERS #20

Oh Osborn, you rascal.

ULTIMATE COMICS X-MEN #6

Oh wait, another one of these already? Why did I let myself get so behind in reading over the holidays??

WOLVERINE #300

GAH!! I wanted to get caught up by now!! This won't do! I suppose I still have between tonight and tomorrow night to read, um... 10 issues? Hurm. Super excited for this reteaming of Jason Aaron and Adam Kubert plus Friend of Comicbook Crossfire, Steven Sanders and the introduction of a new Silver Samurai!

WOLVERINE AND THE X-MEN #4

Jason Aaron triple-shot, but it's the mutant books I love most and this is the one I may love mostest of all. The Jean Grey School welcomes Nick Bradshaw to alternating art chores.

No comments:

Post a Comment