Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Tracie's Pull List - Week of January 25, 2011



I have nothing to add to the before-the-list part of this thing. Life is lifey. Let's just get down to talking about this week's comics, okay?



ANGEL & FAITH #6

This comic? Still really great. I hope Issacs is back on art with this issue, though the Harmony one-off with Noto art was fun.

AQUAMAN #5

Hopefully we can see a little bit of the humor and heart from the first couple issues work its way back into this book, after everything got so dire.

AVATAR: THE LAST AIRBENDER, VOL 01: THE PROMISE, PART 1 TP

I still need to track down/order the other Airbender comics collections, but I'm thrilled that they're doing new "canon" comics. Will help with the wait for Korra to air.

CAPTAIN AMERICA AND BUCKY #626

Franco Francavilla does great work but I don't know if it's Asmus co-writing or what, but this arc doesn't have quite the same magic as the previous Brubaker/Andreyko/Samnee run did.

FANTASTIC FOUR #602

I would be super alright with Barry Kitson being the new regular artist. He's a perfect fit and Paul Mounts' coloring makes him look the best he has, maybe ever.

FF #14

Ahh, my double dose of Hickman and the Richardses.

INCORRUPTIBLE #26

I missed an issue so my reading is on hold until I fix my gap. Hurm.

JUSTICE LEAGUE #5

Oh Justice League, how you have defied us with your sense of fun.

JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK #5

This, on the other hand, I was expecting more from. It seemed to start off well enough but the story's really going nowhere and while there's still moments of interesting personalities, I just don't know if I even feel compelled to finish out the arc, presuming there is an arc structure. If this issue doesn't pass the Flip Test, I may be done with JLDark. It's not a bad book by any measure, it's just failed to keep its hooks in me.

SECRET AVENGERS #21.1

Meanwhile, Secret Avengers coming off a truly excellent run by Warren Ellis and his parade of top comics artists and segueing into a new run by the impressive Rick Remender who made Uncanny X-Force one of the very best things Marvel publishes. I have high hopes for what he can do with Secret Avengers and this is the "Point One" kickoff where we see how the team transitions from Steve Rogers to Hawkeye with guest art by Patrick Zircher.

STUFF OF LEGEND JESTERS TALE #4 (OF 4)

Another series I have gaps in and will eagerly sit down with once I close those gaps.

TEEN TITANS #5

Finally! Teen Titans versus Superboy!

THE FLASH #5

Still one of the very best things The New 52 has to offer.

THE MIGHTY THOR #10

Tanarus versus Heimdall?? Am I the only person who wishes they'd retcon/transform Heimdall so he would more closely resemble Idris Elba?

ULTIMATE COMICS THE ULTIMATES #6

Nice to see Ultimate Falcon make a return. And, perhaps, ANOTHER Ultimates return we've been waiting for. It's also nice to see Brandon Peterson reappear at Marvel, lately.

See you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment