Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Tracie's Pull List - Week of November 23, 2011



I don't really have any miscellany to rant/rave about this week unless I wanted to stress how ABSOLUTELY FLIPPING EXCITED I am for The Muppets opening this week. I plan to drag my family to see it with me on Thanksgiving. You should do likewise. Fill your soul after you fill your stomach.

Please do have a wonderful Thanksgiving or whatever you find yourself doing this week and let's take a look at my pre-holiday comics load:



AQUAMAN #3

Geoff Johns and Ivan Reis are daring you to like Aquaman and they are winning!

CAPTAIN AMERICA AND BUCKY #624

Winter Soldier and Black Widow in the 1950's! Last issue from brilliant artist Chris Samnee and co-writer Marc (Manhunter) Andreyko. My favorite of the two Cap books.

FANTASTIC FOUR #600

HEY, the Fantastic Four are back! And so is their numbering! This issue is extra special, not just because it blows the lid off a bunch of the storylines Hickman has been building to but because my friend (and Loneliest Astronauts artist) Ming Doyle is drawing a Black Bolt story in this issue. PRETTY PSYCHED.

INCORRUPTIBLE #24

Mark Waid is a bad man for making me cheer for such a terrible person.

JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK #3

I'm digging it. I can't say as I'm totally sold just yet but I'm digging it.

SECRET AVENGERS #19

Warren Ellis telling great done-in-one stories with some of the best artists in comics is a great format and this issue brings in Gotham Central and Daredevil artist Michael Lark.

TEEN TITANS #3

I like that Teen Titans is starting to feel like what Scott Lobdell comics used to feel like. It's fun in that regard. Takes me back.

THE FLASH #3

YOU GUYS, this is the best The Flash has been in FOREVER. (or a really long time) Francis Manapul is KILLING IT. "KILLING IT" IS GOOD NOW.

THE FURY OF FIRESTORM: THE NUCLEAR MEN #3

Firestorm is still on probation with me (as are many of the New 52) but it has potential.

THE INVINCIBLE IRON MAN #510

As I've said, Iron Man (the comic, not the character) has benefited the most from Fear Itself and I'm super excited to read the fallout of all of the terrible things Tony & Co. have been through.

THE MIGHTY THOR #8

Thor? Thor who?

ULTIMATE COMICS HAWKEYE #4 (OF 4)

Nice supplemental to The Ultimates but I'm not totally sure it was necessary. (though maybe the finale will answer that)

WOLVERINE AND THE X-MEN #2

YESSSSS. MY NEW FAVORITE X-BOOK. (sorry, Kieron) It is everything I would want from an X-Men comic. It is funny and touching and weird and a mix of familiar and new and Jason Aaron and Chris Bachalo make a superb team. It makes this life-long X-fan's heart sing. (Kieron's Uncanny X-Men is really great too, it just doesn't have Bachalo... or the Wolvie/Kitty combo)

No comments:

Post a Comment