Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Tracie's Pull List - Week of November 16, 2011



Comics that don't make money are being canceled!

Some guy might make a movie about a thing we love but we might hate it maybe!

Frank Miller said something crazy!

It's just another day on The Internet.

Let's talk about what I want to read tomorrow:



AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #674

Spider-Island was a total blast, left great ramifications with the characters, and probably had a more satisfying ending than any of the other crossovers running at the same time. And now we're back to Spidey basics with the return of the original Vulture! I wonder if Punisher will get a mention.

AVENGERS #19

I love Daniel Acuna. So much. And I love that this book feels like it's fun again. And who doesn't love an Avengers team-building issue?

BATMAN #3

Capullo is making believers out of all of you, isn't he? Hot dang.

BIRDS OF PREY #3

I like it. I don't love it, but I like it. Now that the team is pretty much assmbled (yes?) we'll see how this feels.

CAPTAIN AMERICA #4

Steve McNiven draws so purdy. Cap & Bucky is totally my favorite Cap book, though.

DC UNIVERSE PRESENTS #3

Jenkins and Chang are doing a heck of a Deadman story here, guys. Really bucking expectations.

FEAR ITSELF #7.3

And here we have the final-final issue of Fear Itself, wherein Tony Stark confronts Odin one last time. And he probably won't toast to him, either.

FEAR ITSELF: THE FEARLESS #3 (OF 12)

Well, I meant it was the final issue of the main Fear Itself story. The Fearless is just picking up the pieces. (and by pieces, I mean hammers) but I find my enjoyment of it really hinges on the fact that in my head, this is a 12 issue Valkyrie series by the guy who writes The Sixth Gun and that makes it pretty awesome.

GENERATION HOPE #13

First issue of the new creative team! Asmus has a LOT to live up to. Gillen created a remarkable level of excellence on these series and really defined these characters so I hope that Asmus can run with them in a simliar fashion. Again, I did enjoy his Hope-starring "Escape From the Negative Zone" story, so he's got that in his favor.

JUSTICE LEAGUE #3

Last issue hit much more of a sweet spot with me than the first issue did and with Wonder Woman apparently joining the fray, I look forward to this issue hitting even harder.

NEW MUTANTS #34

I was wavering on this book a little bit but this storyline is the New Mutants hunting Blink and that pretty much guarantees my attention for the next 5 or 6 issues.

NIGHTWING #3

CBXF's Robb Blum does not think Dick Grayson should be having teh sex on a private jet with an attractive, grown woman, whom he was friends with in his circus past. Feel free to tell him how wrong he is. He's still nowhere near the slut Bruce Wayne is in the New 52.

SUPERGIRL #3

Reeeeeeeally digging this book, in spite of crotch diamond.

THE INCREDIBLE HULK #2

Two words: HULK SHARKS.

THE PUNISHER #5

Frank Castle WILL. NOT. STOP. Hot dang, Rucka, you have me cheering on The Punisher.

THUNDERBOLTS #165

The Thunderbolts who used by be lead/controlled by Baron Zemo have traveled to the 40's where they are confronted by Baron Zemo. Except they have WWII Captain America and Namor on their side. Thunderbolts is a Marvel Comic that just constantly gives you high fives.

ULTIMATE COMICS X-MEN #3

Nick Spencer is definitely proving to be the fresh, relevant voice this comic needed.

WONDER WOMAN #3

THE SECRED ORIGIN OF WONDER WOMAN. And HOT DANG, CLIFF CHIANG. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment