Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Tracie's Pull List - Week of June 15, 2011

So I know it's just licensing artwork and I typically hate the way that stuff looks because it's just goofy CG painted artwork of actor likenesses or whatever but great Odin's beard, I cannot stop staring at that Avengers licensing poster that hit the web last night. Seeing everyone together and in signature poses and it's that shot of those chairs in front of the S.H.E.I.L.D. logo all over again. THIS IS A REAL THING! THIS IS HAPPENING! Joss Whedon is filming all these dudes together and they're going to fight other dudes! And Cap looks great in the more streamlined costume and Hawkeye looks totally like Ultimate Hawkeye (with a little bit of purple even!) and they're all there! Together!

I can tell you right now that this is how I'm going to be for every bit of imagery that comes out for this thing. You've been warned.

Oh, also some glowing ring guy has a movie this week and it turns out Jack Black isn't in it.

Anyways, let's take a look at this weeks Pull List, shall we?



Avengers #14

JRJR's back for a bit as Fear Itself rages on, but we get Bachalo again next issue for more delightful talking heads, I imagine. I'm sorry but I just adored last issue.

Batgirl #22

Oh Batgirl. Sweet, sweet Batgirl. Allegedly DC didn't even bother to ask Bryan Q. Miller to pitch any relaunch books. What are you thinking, guys? This book is charming as all heck. It makes me happier than any other book you are publishing. Why are you doing this to me?? Quick! Someone! Put Bryan on a book! Please!

Fear Itself Home Front #3 (OF 7)

Speedball gets more stuff thrown at his head probably! Atlas uncovers more about the Nazi's attempts to resurrect The Serpent.

Fear Itself Youth In Revolt #2 (OF 6)

Avengers Initiative gets young heroes together to stop dudes and ladies from freaking the heck out. From the creators of and starring Gravity!

Generation Hope #8

Custody battle for Primal! Who is a character I surprisingly like a lot in this series. Which is true, I think of ALL the characters in this series. Well done, Gillen. Well done.

Invincible Iron Man #505

Oh man. Last issue a thing happened and... Oh man.

Legion Lost HC

I have been waiting for this collection for SO VERY LONG! I don't know why it gets the hardcover treatment when the issues preceding it just got one of those 100 page floppy collections. But yay yay yay. I got into this characters right after this mini concluded and The Legion #1 launched with Abnett, Lanning and Coipel. I could never find the Legion Lost issues anywhere but I loved the book and getting to figure out who these characters were and what their world was like. I got into it because of Coipels art and how interesting the characters looked and I thought Coipel's Brainiac 5 was adorable. I'll be really happy when I can finally sit down and read all these stories that preceded that series.

Power Girl #25

Disappointed that, despite the solicitations, Sami Basiri is no longer on art for this series. Though it makes sense now, considering that DC probably wanted Sami to get ahead on the new Voodoo series he'd be drawing. (which is also why this is Winick's last issue on the series, with Matt Sturges taking over as fill-in writer)

Supergirl #65

Kelly Sue Deconnick begins her three issue run on Supergirl with artist Crisscross and I couldn't be more excited to see what Kelly Sue brings to the character, teaming her up with Lois Lane. I wish Kelly Sue could do more DC work but it sounds like, despite being invited to pitch for the relaunch, she's pretty busy over at Marvel. Which is great too. I'm just happy to see more Kelly Sue comics.

Teen Titans #96

I feel like I'm only hanging on at this point for the gorgeous Nicola Scott art and the fact that the Titans will be facing off against Superboy Prime pretty soon.

Tiny Titans #41

Speedster issue! Kid Flash! Inertia! Mas y Menos! Adorableness!

Uncanny X-Men #538

The conclusion of this excellent Breakworld follow-up by Kieron Gillen and Terry Dodson! Kitty is--bleeding???

Walking Dead TP Vol 14 No Way Out

Pretty pretty happy when I have a new Walking Dead trade to blaze through.

Wolverine And Jubilee Prem HC Curse Of Mutants

Oh man. I... I know... I know... It's vampire Jubilee. But I cannot pass up this Wolverine and Jubilee team-up by the likes of the incredibly talented Kathryn Immonen and Phil Noto. And that great Coipel cover? I hate that she's a vampire now but I still so want this to be good. The only reason I skipped on the single issues is because I'm trying to be better about waiting on "non-event" minis and because I wanted to have all the covers without buying multiple copies of the comic and the trades are usually pretty good about collecting all that stuff.

X-Factor #221

So I guess I'm still sticking with this maybe. Last issue was pretty good. And ended with a bit of a surprise. We'll see if I can get my excitement for this series back up.

X-Men Prelude To Schism #3 (OF 4)

We've heard from Charles, we've heard from Erik, now what does Scott feel about all this impending doom that may very well lead to the group splitting in twain?

No comments:

Post a Comment