Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Tracie's Pull List - Week of December 7, 2011



I generally like to throw some other-media rambling into these post before I get into the comic releases for this week, but there's not a lot I can think to talk about, off the top of my head.

There's an Extended Cut of Cowboys & Aliens out this week. I know it didn't light box office results on fire and the critics and audiences were pretty ambivalent but Caleb and I liked it quite a lot. It's a fun, traditional western with a sci-fi bend and it's got James Bond, Indiana Jones, Justin Hammer, and the creepy kid from There Will Be Blood. (or, my preferred reference, the mute kid from Little Miss Sunshine)

Red Box it, or something. You might maybe enjoy yourself.

OH--and I imagine he'll be writing a post of his own on the subject but just to give y'alls a little teaser, Robb is a drug peddler for MMORPGs and Monty is going to hate us both. (or hate us MORE)



ACTION COMICS #4

BLUE JEAN SUPERMAN FOREVAAAAHHHHHH!!!! I met a retailer, last weekend, who was surprised to learn I dug the blue jean look. He preferred and maybe even liked the armored Superman running around in the other books. He was very polite about how wrong he was. (oh, and hey, Steel gets a back-up strip starting this issue!)

ANIMAL MAN #4

It's Lemire Day part 1! Who knew being so unsettled would be so fun.

AVENGING SPIDER-MAN #2

JOE IS BACK! A SECOND ISSUE ALREADY! IT'S A REAL TRUE THING!

FEAR ITSELF: THE FEARLESS #4 (OF 12)

Valkyrie and Namor versus sea monsters!

IRREDEEMABLE #32

The Irredeemable/Incorruptible crossover begins!! Origins stories for Max Damage and The Plutonian!

MEGA MAN #8

I love you, Mega Man.

MOON KNIGHT #8

Moon Knight's ex is not pleased with his crappy TV show!

STATIC SHOCK #4

It's okay, Static. I still like you.

SWAMP THING #4

Double-dose of unsettling comics! The Red and The Green are just creepy, y'all.

SWEET TOOTH #28

Lemire Day part 2! The history of the plague!

THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #675

Spider-Man versus the original Vulture!

THE DEFENDERS #1

All new series by Matt Fraction and Terry Dodson, spinning out of Fear Itself. But the important thing to know about this book is that it's Doctor Strange, Iron Fist, Namor, Ant-Man, Silver Surfer, and She-Rulk teaming up to save the universe. Matt and Terry's Doc Strange story in the massive Point One one-shot has me really pumped for this series. Strange is a character I really want to love but it's been since Brian K. Vaughan's "Oath" mini that he's really clicked. Matt's short story felt like it hearkened back to that feeling.

THE PUNISHER #6

This is really just about the absolute perfect Punisher book you could make, for my sensibilities.

1 comment: