Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Tracie's Pull List - Week of December 21, 2011


We're down to just 5 days before Christmas but if you're still looking for some last minute gifts for your favorite nerd, maybe I can help steer you through this week's comic selection...

BATMAN #4

OWLS.

BIRDS OF PREY #4

BATGIRL JOINS. This will make for some very curious continuity indeed.

DAREDEVIL #7

Just read it and thank me later.

DC UNIVERSE PRESENTS #4

I guess it's the sign of a job well done when I become sad that this story is wrapping and I wish this were a Deadman ongoing. For reals.

FANTASTIC FOUR #601

Did you read #600? Go. Do that. Be reminded about how great Hickman's FF is.

FEAR ITSELF: THE FEARLESS #5 (OF 12)

Still totally digging this Valkyrie vs. Sin (and the Marvel Universe) series.

GENERATION HOPE #14

Not entirely sold on the new team but last issue had its moments. WE SHALL SEE.

JUSTICE LEAGUE #4

Aquaman joins the fray! Is... is this it, then? Is this the team? Are we still waiting on somebody? Who shows up on the final page splash in this one?

NEW MUTANTS #35

BLINK!

NIGHTWING #4

Nightwing, this may be your last chance. I almost didn't even bother with this issue but then I remembered that Gates of Gotham's Trevor McCarthy is doing the art this issue, so this is your moment to shine. It's not a bad series, I just don't really find myself caring about what's going on. This issue promises "answers" so maybe that'll do me.

STUFF OF LEGEND JESTERS TALE #3 (OF 4)

Such a beautiful, magical little series.

SUPERGIRL #4

Man alive, I love Asrir's art.

T.H.U.N.D.E.R. AGENTS VOL 2 #2 (OF 6)

It's back and off to a great start!

THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #676

The return of Humberto Ramos aaaaaaand The Sinister Six!!!

THE AVENGERS #20

Daniel Acuna, feel free to draw Avengers forever.

THE INCREDIBLE HULK #3

I love Jason Aaron for his big ideas and character work but I don't know if that's clicking with me on Hulk just yet.

THE INVINCIBLE IRON MAN #511

So good to have Fraction's Iron Man back on top.

THUNDERBOLTS #167

Quasi-reformed supervillains traveling through time!!!

TINY TITANS #47

Guilty pleasure of cuteness.

ULTIMATE COMICS SPIDER-MAN #5

MIIIIIIILES! I LOVE YOU, MILES!!!

UNCANNY X-FORCE #19

Holy hot dang, X-Force #18 was a total gutpunch and I adored it. What a consistently surprising series. You all better get in on this.

WOLVERINE #20

I'M NOT CAUGHT UP BUT I'M GETTING THERE. (just as I get wind that Jason Aaron is leaving the book next year...)

WOLVERINE AND THE X-MEN #3

OH HELLO FAVORITE X-BOOK, YOU'VE COME BACK TO ME. X-Force is really not happy that you've taken its spot, though.

WONDER WOMAN #4

Wonder Woman will just walk right up and deck you without saying a word.

No comments:

Post a Comment