Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Tracie's Pull List - Week of December 14, 2011



It's the 12th Day of Christmas! People with drums doing drum things! So far I've been able to do 98% of my Christmas shopping online but I really better make sure I've got everything taken care of now that the big day is getting incredibly close.

Also, I need to find some way of spending Christmas in a household that has BBC America. Or just go door-to-door in my grandparent's neighborhood looking for Whovians. If I activate my sonic screwdriver, they'll be able sense it, right?

Good thing Monty has DVR and has forgotten how much he hates me over the DCUO thing. Good ol' handsome, forgiving, beloved Monty.

HEY there are comics out tomorrow! Let's talk about them.



AVENGERS: X-SANCTION #1 (OF 4)

Even before this was being touted as the opening salvo of the big, universe altering Avengers Vs. X-Men event hitting next year, I was excited just because it was going to be Ed McGuinness drawing Cable throwing down with a bunch of Avengers and there's no way that's not going to be a pretty good time. Oh. Right. And Cable's back. Which I think means all the Messiah Complex deaths are now undone...sort of.

BATGIRL #4

Oh, Batgirl, you are still hanging in there by the strength of my curiosity. #7 is supposed to specifically reference Killing Joke and the events thereafter so I feel I should hang on 'til then. Boy does that sound like the wrong reason to buy a comic.

BATMAN AND ROBIN #4

NO QUALMS HERE, however. Tomasi and Gleason are delighting the heck out of me with kinetic fights and father-son angst.

BATWOMAN #4

FLAMEBIIIIIRRRRD!!!! (so pretty)

BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER: SEASON 9 #4

Season 9, still going VERY strong. Makes this Whedonite happy.

FRANKENSTEIN, AGENT OF S.H.A.D.E. #4

I dig this a little more with each issue but I'm wondering if the only thing keeping this from REALLY hitting the mark is if it had some quirkier art. If they could steal Juan Bobillo from FF...

GREEN LANTERN #4

Green Lantern, you are an entertaining comic when you are not constantly embroiled in wars.

JOURNEY INTO MYSTERY #632

EVERYONE! YOU NEED TO BE READING JIM! It is one of the very best written comics Marvel has Teen Loki is, without a doubt, the character find of the year.

MARVEL HOLIDAY SPECIAL 2011

I am a totally sucker for the Marvel and DC holiday specials, unless, upon flip-though, the art appears to be overwhelmingly atrocious. (or worse, boring) They're always a crap-shoot, story-wise, but I can't help but love me some Christmas specials.

S.H.I.E.L.D. #4 (OF 6)

OH NO, I kind of forgot this was still going on. Despite the fact that Hickman is still smartly referencing it in his other books.

SUPERBOY #4

The thing we already knew about that one character is true!

THE NEW AVENGERS #19

Are they the New Dark Avengers or the Dark New Avengers? I prefer the latter. Also, dang good "forming of the team" stuff, last issue.

THE WALKING DEAD, VOL 15 TP

I am a trades-only reader of The Walking Dead and it occurs to me that this may be the first volume of the trades I've read since the AMC series started. I wonder whether it will change how I read them now that I have specific character voices in my head.

ULTIMATE COMICS X-MEN #4

Definitely what "X-Men, as written by the creator of Morning Glories" would read like. Good stuff.

UNCANNY X-FORCE #18

THIS IS IT. The conclusion of The Dark Angel Saga. Things do not look good for X-Force or the AoA's Amazing X-Men.

No comments:

Post a Comment