Sunday, December 12, 2010

OCW - December 12 - Magpie

OCW for this week is:

Magpie

Margaret Pye was no ordinary jewel thief. A curator driven crazy by all the "shiny pretty things" at the museum where she worked, Magpie turned to a life of crime. Going up against DC's finest heroes, she was put away by the first Post-Crisis team-up of Superman and Batman. Magpie was later killed in a revenge plot by the Great White Shark (who?) and recently popped up in the mini-series Blackest Night.

Will Magpie be the White Lantern? Doubtful!

3 comments:

  1. The colors on this are really wonderful, Robb. Gives the whole thing a gritty, noiry, maybe ven Frank Millery quality. Really, really nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH, and I'll have you know that Great White Shark was the focus on one of my very favorite DC minis, Arkham Asylum: Living Hell by Dan Slott and Ryan Sook. It's phenominal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ya sold me at Ryan Sook. I love his work on the Specter series. His pencils are in my top ten.

    Thank Tracie about the coloring. I feel like I cheated a bit by using some "poster" filters in photoshop to make the edges a bit smoother. But I'm happy with it.

    ReplyDelete