Monday, June 21, 2010

The real Avatar is coming this summer... I'm excited!


Robb:
My wife and I saw The Last Airbender toys... No Katara, momo or uncle, yet... And Aang is very White, but I like Saaka and Zuko!! My 2 favorite characters. Saka's wit makes the cartoon for me!Crystal and I have flown through all 3 books of Avatar Air Bender- cartoons in the last few weeks in anticipation of the movie.

Again... My favorite action cartoon of all time. Its so well done on every level!


Tracie:
I'm currently halfway through Book 2 of Avatar. I'd *like* to finish all 3 books by the time the movie hits, but we'll see if I manage that.
Really enjoying the character development with Prince Zuko. He's not just some 2-dimensional villain. The "Zuko Alone" episode was one of the last one's I saw and I was surprised how captivated I was with an episode that had nothing to do with Aang and his journey. Zuko has a lot of redemptive qualities and a lot of pain and it makes for a much more interesting character than I thought he'd be through most of Book 1.

Robb:
Oh, I think you've met Togh (spelling)? The Earth bender, who joins the team? Shes a great character too! Thats why i'm worried. its like the 'Lord of the rings' problem. There is so much that is good in these cartoons, there is no way they can shove it all in to the movie. I just hope they hit certain points. And for the record. Book 3 has the BEST character stories. The writers really cared about all of these kids. Villians included!

7 comments:

  1. Yes! Just met Toph! LOVE Toph! Great addition to the cast. I wish I had followed the show better when it was airing. I'd much rather have toys of the cartoon versions, than the people ones. (I guess that's what Comic-Con is for...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh agreed! I didn't know what we had til they disappeared. They were super cheap at Toys R Us for a while there too. Haney has an Awesome Appa toy. Its like 1.5 feet long and has a cool tongue. He's the one who introduced me to Avatar a couple of years ago.

    Zuko really, really is about to take off in the series, where you are at. (biting my tongue...) But the relationship with his father and uncle are explored and the conflict with the Avatar has a mystery that is slowly revealed and fully realized late in the 3rd season. Its incredibly deep.

    oK... enough gushing. I'm pumped for the movie. I'm pumped for big scenes and cool animals! Fire bending and air bending! Bring on Avatar!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Most obscure piece of merchandising I would love to own so far: a turtle-duck. I want a cute little turtle-duck to put at my desk at work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What about a Psy-Duck? Squirt-el?

    There is an awesome episode of Avatar, late in Season 2, where the Earth king has a bear... and The gang is confused and they keep saying things like: "A turtle-bear?" No just a bear... "A Duck-bear?" No just a bear... "A Leopard-Bear?" NO JUST A BEAR!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wrong show, Blum. ;P (and Bulbasaur and Totodile were my favorites)

    That is hysterical, though. XD

    I like the goofy animal combinations.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll answer your comment in bulbasaurese:

    Bulba Bulba... Bulba, Bublbasaur! Bulba bulba, Blubla bulba bulba, Bulbasaur!

    ReplyDelete