Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Tracie's Pull List - Week of September 26, 2012




You guys, I'm hungry and I've been sitting around my room all day so I'm gonna go and get some eats and pick up the following fine comics before throwing on the Joss Whedon commentary track for The Avengers and packing stuff away.


Let's hit it.




Amazing Spider-Man #694

The cover to this issue makes me so happy, you guys. SEE? A change of some kind takes place, leading up to the ultra-super-game-changing #700.

Angel And Faith #14

The Angel and Faith comic is the best of the Buffyverse comics. So happy to see Angel and Buffy characters reunited in here. Christos Gage has this characters down.

Aquaman #0

Geoff Johns' Aquaman is solid stuff. Some of the best stuff of the first few issues were the flashbacks with his dad. More of that here.

Batman Incorporated #0

The incredible Frazier Irving stops by for arts as Batman assembles his lieutenants in Batman Inc.

Captain Marvel #4

I think this is my favorite of McGuinness's covers for this series. Also this series makes me so happy. I wasn't a big Carol Danvers fan before Kelly Sue but I adore her now.

FF #22

The conclusion of the return of The Wizard! Is this the end of Wesley??? Only one issue of FF left.

Flash #0

Flash-back to sad times for Barry Allen! More beautiful art from Manapul and Buccellato.

Incredible Hulk #14

Penultimate issue of Jason Aaron's insane Hulk run!

Invincible Iron Man #525

Just two issues left!!! Armor Wars 3 continues!

Journey Into Mystery #644

PENULTIMATE ISSUE OF KID LOKI'S JOURNEY INTO MYSTERY AAAAA SADNESSSS

Punisher #16

Final issue of Greg Rucka's pitch-perfect Punisher before it becomes a Punisher: War Zone mini. Is this the end of Cole??

Secret Avengers #31

It's kind of magical that Rick Remender can make Secret Avengers his own thing but still pull together all this stuff from Brubaker and Ellis' runs. That cat knows how to continuity.

Superman #0

I'm iffy on this but I'm willing to give Lobdell a chance because I need good Superman comics in my life and Kenneth Rockafort draws so, so pretty. This, of course, being a zero issue, we don't actually get much of any Superman here as we have a Jor-El tale doing, I imagine, much like Supergirl #0 did for Zor-El. So unless this issue totally discourages me, I'll be back around next month to see how things go with Kal back in focus.

Superman Family Adventures #5

Here's a Superman comic that'll always put a smile on my face, at least.

Takio #3

I LOVE TAKIO SO MUCH, it needs to come out every month. Yes.

Winter Soldier #11

Winter Soldier and Hawkeye team up to hunt down the Black Widow! I'm going to miss not having Brubaker in the Marvel Universe.

Wolverine #313

The conclusion of the totally confusing Sabretooth Reborn and maybe hopefully the last time we ever see Romulus because I totally don't get this character, you guys, it's entirely unnecessary to Wolverine and oh whatever. Comics.

Wolverine And The X-Men #17

MIKE ALLRED RETURNS TO HIS CHARACTER DOOP AND WE GET AN ALL-DOOP ISSUE AND THIS IS THE BEST X-BOOK, YOU GUYS, IT REALLY IS.

And there we have it. 'Til next time. Excelsior!

No comments:

Post a Comment