Sunday, January 30, 2011

Henry Cavill is the new Superman!

The "Man of Steel" has been cast for Zach Snyder's up coming Superman movie, and I'm very happy. Not as happy if they cast Brandon Routh... but I understand, they really needed to distance themselves from the previous movie.

Henry is damn near perfect, and here's why. He's an incredible actor on Showtime's The Tudors. He's really great as Charles Brandon in Season 3, as he leads English troops to quell a religious uprising in the north. He is torn between his loyalty to the King and his own moral compass. And his eyes showing compassion could be very Superman-esque. (Even though Brandon later showed little mercy, but eh different characters).

But the best reason I like Cavill as Superman is they stayed with an unknown! I feel this is paramount because I don't want to be looking at someone and thinking that's Robert Redford dressed as Superman, that's Jon Ham dressed as Superman. That why I liked Routh... he felt like Superman. And I feel really really good about Cavill. (I hope I'm right... and lets not have any more real estate crimes this time.)

No comments:

Post a Comment