Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Tracie's Pull List - Week of March 28, 2012



MOST EXHAUSTING PLANET COMICON EVER!!!

And it's not until I get home that I remember all the people I meant to go back and talk to, amidst all the rabble and shifting body temperatures.

SORRY, PEOPLE I WANTED TO GO BACK AND TALK TO! Next year, maybe it'll be not so crazy. Fingers crossed for a blizzard! (not really) (NO)

Still, it was great to be surrounded by comics, comic fans, professionals, and friends for a few hours.

ALSO, Firehouse Subs? THUMBS UP. I recommend the New York Steamer.

Ugh. I want lunch now.

BUT FIRST--COMICS:



ANGEL & FAITH #8

Faith versus an Irish mob! And just a week and a half shy of St. Patrick's Day.

AQUAMAN #7

New storyline! The "Other" League! Who destroyed Atlantis? What badass thing will Arthur and Mera do?

AVENGERS VS. X-MEN #0 (OF 12)

So at Planet Comicon, I was given an opportunity to read AvX #1 and I turned it down. I did this for two reasons: 1.) AvX #0 wasn't out yet and I didn't want to spoil/take away anything from it and 2.) I didn't want to read something that I knew I was going to spend $3.99 on in a couple weeks anyway. ...I'm kind of an idiot.

AVENGING SPIDER-MAN #5

Unfortunately this is the last issue we'll get from Zeb Wells for a while... but fortunately, it's drawn by Leinil Yu and teams Spidey with Captain America. The Hawkeye issue turned out to be a really fantastic little stand-alone story, in spite of the issues I have with Greg Land. I can't wait to see what Zeb does with Spidey, Cap, and an artist I really dig. (though we can have Joe Mad back any time now please and thank you)

CAPTAIN AMERICA AND BUCKY #628

FINAL ISSUE OF CAP AND BUCKY. (until it becomes Cap and Hawkeye)

DAREDEVIL #10

These covers, this book, everything... so good. So, so good.

FF #16

Man, Hickman's Fantastic Four epic wrapped up huge and I'll be very interested to see what he does with the rest of his run, focusing on smaller stories. Like this little epilogue, here.

MOON KNIGHT #11

Penultimate issue of Bendis & Maleev's Moon Knight! This has been a top notch little comic but I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't have preferred 11 more issues of Scarlett.

TEEN TITANS #7

Teen Titans versus N.O.W.H.E.R.E.! My curiosity maintains. Also, more Static, please.

THE AVENGERS #24.1

Guest-artist Brandon Peterson joins Bendis for a look at the newly returned Vision and what that means for the character and the people close to him. Am I wrong in preferring the Young Avengers Vision? Sigh.

THE FLASH #7

More Flash versus Cold, by the brilliant Francis Manapul!

THE MIGHTY THOR #12

Finally! Thor versus Tanarus!!! THROW DOWN!

THE NEW AVENGERS #23

Conclusion of the Dark Avengers saga! SKAAR!

ULTIMATE COMICS THE ULTIMATES #8

HULK SMASH PUNY XORNS!!! What exactly is the difference in pronunciation between Xorn and Zorn?

UNCANNY X-FORCE #23

The conclusion of the Trian of Phantomex! Captain Britain Corps! Alan Davis/Claremont stuff that is outside of my knowledge base! But still, seeing this badass, conflicted team be badass and conflicted anywhere is a treat.

Th-th-th-th-that's all folks!

1 comment:

  1. I get $50 for a New York Steamer these days. Ladies love it.

    Firehouse Subs is great. Had them in Arky-Saw when I lived there. Are they in Omaha now or was that a KC Con dining experience?

    ReplyDelete